Can't wait to welcome your new subtenants? Then seal your permission to sublet in writing right now with our free form.
Big fact of day: In some areas, you don't even need landlord consent to sublease. So don't ever assume that your landlord's permission is an absolute must... until you have dug up your local landlord tenant laws and gotten all your facts straight. If you live in the United States, here's a big time-saver for you - Click here to learn what are the sublet laws for every U.S. state.
Since most landlords frown upon the very idea of having subtenants, our free permission to sublet form tries to maximize your chances of landing a "yes" by being fair to both parties. If your landlord convinced, you may have to tempt him with a carrot or two (such as offering him more rent and other benefits with a Lease Amendment).
Without the landlord's consent, it's not just the subtenant who risk being booted off - It often gives the landlord a good enough legal reason to evict you (the main tenant)... and make you pay for all the mess and losses.
Once your permission to sublet letter is signed and carefully tucked away, you'll still need to iron out and finalize the details of your sublease - Click here for our free Sublet Agreement Form.
*Make sure this form complies with your local real estate laws before using it. If you have any doubts, you can ask a real estate lawyer online.
This Agreement is made on this _____ day of _______________, 20__ between the Landlord _________________________ of address
___________________________________________________________________________ and the Tenant _________________________ of address
___________________________________________________________________________ for the following Premises:
The Landlord and Tenant entered into a lease agreement for the above Premises which began on the _____ day of _______________, 20__. (herein referred to as the "Lease")
Now, therefore, it is agreed as follows:
1. The Landlord hereby grants permission to the Tenant to sublease the Premises for a term of _____ weeks/months/years beginning on _______________ and ending on _______________.
2. Any and all subtenants shall be required to conform with all obligations and covenants of the Tenant as set forth in the Lease, all provisions of said lease remaining in full force and effect for the entire term of the sublease.
3. Any and all adult subtenants shall be required to complete the Landlord's standard rental application and must meet the usual character, employment and credit requirements for tenancy.
4. In the event that legal action is required to enforce any provision of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees and costs.
5. This permission to sublease in no way releases the above-named Tenant from any obligation, responsibility or duty of a tenant as set forth in the Lease.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this Agreement on the date first above written.
Landlord Name: _________________________
Landlord Signature: _________________________
Tenant Name: _________________________
Tenant Signature: _________________________
Return from Agreement for Permission to Sublet to Lease Agreement Forms