Need to end your lease easily and legally? Then turn to our 30 day notice to vacate form below.
To make life easier for you, we have finely sliced and diced our notice to vacate rental property into two separate versions - one for landlords and one for tenants.
If you're a landlord, then congratulations you have landed on the right page - Just scroll down for your free template. If you are a tenant, then Click here for our 30 Day Notice to Landlord instead.
Before firing off a notice of intent to vacate, take two steps back and check if you have the green light. In general, you can use this notice to:
1. to end a week or week or month to month lease
2. to terminate a verbal lease
3. to end an expiring fixed term lease that you don't want to extend or renew
Giving a reason for your tenants to vacate the property isn't required, but it's a polite thing to do. Any reason is good enough as long as it's not discriminating or insulting - You don't want a disgruntled tenant to turn the tables and sue you for discrimination.
* While we work hard to make sure that our notice of intent to vacate is helpful, you must edit it according to your own needs and local real estate law. Always seek legal help when in doubt.
Tenant Name: ______________________________
Rental Address: ________________________________________________________________
TO the above Tenant and all others in possession of the above premises:
You are hereby given notice to vacate the above premises within (30) THIRTY days from the service of this notice. You are required to surrender possession of the above premises to the Landlord on or before this date: _______________
(Optional) You are being vacated for the following reason(s):
It is understood that:
1. The Tenant is responsible for all repairs and cleaning to restore the above premises to move-in condition (after accounting for normal wear and tear).
2. After the Tenant vacates the premises, the security deposit shall be returned to the Tenant within _____ days. Deductions shall be made from the security deposit for any unpaid charges, and for any necessary repair and cleaning fees if the Tenant fails to restore the premises to move-in condition.
3. The deposit security cannot be used as the final month's rent.
4. Rent shall be prorated and payable up to the last date of possession or thirty (30) days after the service of this notice, whichever is later.
5. The Tenant surrenders possession of the above premises by removing all personal belongings from the premises and returning all keys to the Landlord.
If you fail to vacate, legal proceedings will be commenced against you to recover possession of the premises, to declare the lease agreement forfeited and to recover all damages, costs and fees allowed by the law.
PROOF OF SERVICE
On this date of _______________, 20__, this notice was served by:
[ ] Delivering a copy of the notice to the above Tenant personally.
[ ] Leaving a copy of the notice with a person of suitable age and discretion at the Tenant's residence.
[ ] Sending a copy of the notice by registered or certified mail to the Tenant at his / her residence.
[ ] Attaching a copy of the notice to the inside of the front entrance door of the premises.
Landlord Name: ______________________________
Landlord Signature: ______________________________ Date: _______________
Landlord Address: ______________________________________________________________