Looking for a notice of completion to fend off those awful mechanic's liens and stop notices? Our free completion notice and helpful advice is there to help you do just that.
one likes to have a Mechanic's Lien
clinging onto their property title or a Stop
slapped on their face. That's all the reason you'll need to record this
notice as soon as the work is completed - so that your contractors,
subcontractors and material suppliers have less time to file a lien.
For this notice to work its magic, the owner has to record it with the county recorder where work site is located. If you are recording a California notice of completion, then you must go one step further... and give written notification within 10 days to the general contractor, plus any subcontractors and material suppliers who have submitted a 20 Day Preliminary Lien Notice.
If the owner fails to record this notice, then the contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers will have 90 to 150 days (depending on how generous your state laws are) to file their mechanic's liens. Once a completion notice is recorded, this deadline shrinks to 60 days for contractors, and 30 days for subcontractors and material suppliers.
* While we work hard to make sure that our forms are helpful and updated, you must edit them according to your own needs and local real estate law. Always seek legal help when in doubt.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT:
1. The undersigned is the owner of the interest or estate stated below.
2. The full name of the owner is ______________________________
3. The full address of the owner is _________________________________________________
4. The nature of the interest or estate is: *in fee / purchaser under contract of purchase / lessee
* delete items that do not apply to you
5. The full names and full addresses of all co-owners, if any, who hold any title or interest with the above-named owner in the property are:
6. A work of improvement on the property described below was completed on _______________
7. The name of the contractor, if any, for such work of improvement is ____________________
__________ (insert "none" if there is no contractor for work of improvement)
8. The street address of the said property is _________________________________________
(insert "none" if no street address has been assigned)
9. The property on which the work of improvement was completed is in the City of __________
__________, County of ____________________, State of ____________________, and is described as follows:
Signature of owner named in paragraph 2: ______________________________
I, the undersigned, say:
I am ______________________________ ("President", "Owner", "Partner", "Manager" etc.) of the declarant of the foregoing completion; I have read said Notice and know the contents thereof; the same is true of my own knowledge.
I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.
Executed on _______________ (date), at City of ____________________, State of ____________________
Personal signature: ______________________________